E-learning refers to the use of electronic technology (computers) to deliver training to employees or education to students outside the traditional classroom environment.
E-learning has taken off in a big way. Its advantages to train staff and students are becoming more recognized with every passing day. One can take the services of the reputed E-learning content development companies in India for designing the e-courses and take the advantage of this trend in the education and training sector to further their business.
In sum, e-learning is now all over the world, and it has following advantages:
- Scalability: E-learning enables the quick creation and communication of new training ideas, concepts and policies. It is very nimble whether used for formal education or entertainment.
- Savings in time and money: This is well accepted advantage of e-learning. E-learning lowers the time away from the workplace for employees undergoing training. It gets rid of cost of travel which the company might have to bear. It removes the need for training based in classrooms.
- Consistency and capacity: With this mode of education, educators are successful in achieving wide coverage of target audience, and it also makes sure that the training is communicated in an effective and consistent manner. Thus, same training is received by all students.
- High retention of learning: Higher retention rate of knowledge is possible with blended learning approach. E-learning mode also enables updation and refreshment of course content whenever needed.
- ROI measurement and activity: When you use a Learning Management System to deliver e-learning classes, it is easy to track progress of students or staff and making reports on their progress.
- Lowering of carbon foot print: By using online quizzing and testing, e-learning reduces the need to print out assignments and tests, which are written on paper. Paper based education is almost completely eliminated thus saving costs.
- Flexibility: By using e-learning, students and employees can be given the space to learn at their pace and as per their convenience. The organization can train staff at remote or diverse locations. Like those who are receiving on-site training, students of e-learning mode can be trained in a consistent fashion.
These are some of the benefits of e-learning.